I've gotten some wonderful reviews, some from people I haven't heard from in years and years, and others from professional review sites. Reviews are an author's way of feelin' good about their work, so I thought I'd share some of the things people have said about The List.
1. "I can picture it being made into a movie and featured alongside How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and Runaway Bride." - From Love, Romance, Passion site review
2. "The List is a downright funny read!" - Coffee Time Romance site review
3. "Move over Janet Evanovich!" - Amazon.com review
4. "However this triumphant book assists the reader into actually thinking of putting away their list and enjoying the pleasures of dating...if only for a little while." - Coffee Time Romance site review
5. "What a fun and satisfying read." - Amazon.com review
6. "I ended up so into the story that I exercised way past my usual time...now my legs are sore!" - Amazon.com review
7. "Carmen has written a fun book with a good plot and ample humor to brighten a wintry day." - Amazon.com review
8. "I love how it took a common idea that many women have (the list) and turned it into a sweet parody of that idea." - Love, Passion, Romance site review
9. "I laughed out loud, got angry, felt the disappointment, then the elation and excitement along with the main character as her love life evolved." - Amazon.com review
10. "The characters are smart and vibrant, without giving you the feeling that these-people-don't-exist.".
11. "This book was fantastic, witty and puts down on paper what we all think and live in the life of a 20/30s someone." - Amazon.com review
12. "Shirkey's style is sassy and full of spunk!" - Amazon.com review
13. "Very enjoyable. I recommend it for a cold winter day in front of the fireplace or a hot sunny day on the beach."
Home of the new Thursday 13